Monday, October 5, 2026

Fall Into a Mushroom Circle

The Faery Crossing Mushroom Circle - by ArcaneTinFoil Rune
Deep in the heart of the grove, where the shadows had begun to slumber beneath the ancient trees, something stirred.

It was not quite a sound and not quite a light—more like a shimmer of possibility, a little spark of fancy and wonderment that seemed to wake whenever the evening grew cold.

Leaves crackled beneath my feet as I wandered deeper among the trees. Their earthy smell rose around me, mingling with the distant strains of Celtic music that drifted through the grove like a spell. Somewhere beyond the trees, fires were burning, and the scent of woodsmoke rode upon the wind. The air was crisp enough to sting my cheeks, but the cold only seemed to make the magic sharper, brighter, more alive.

I followed the music.

The deeper I went, the stranger and more beautiful the grove became. Moonlight slipped between the branches in silver ribbons. Tiny lights flickered here and there, vanishing whenever I looked directly at them. I could not tell whether they were fireflies, lanterns, or something older.

Then I saw them.


They moved quietly among the trees, wrapped in dark greens and browns, tending to the fires and speaking softly to one another. Some carried baskets of herbs. Others laughed beside a stone circle half-covered in moss. None of them seemed surprised to see me.

One of them looked up as I approached.

For a moment, I wondered whether I should explain myself. Tell them where I had come from. Tell them why I had wandered so far from everything familiar.

But the Druid only smiled.

“You're here,” she said, as though that were the only thing that mattered.

And somehow, it was.

No one asked why I had come. No one asked what I had been before I arrived. They simply made room for me beside the fire, as though I had been expected all along.

That was the secret of the grove.

It was a place where the winged could finally rest their wings. A place where the strange were not questioned and the weary were not required to explain themselves. A place where you could take root without first proving that you deserved the soil.

The Druids did not ask for reasons.

We simply enjoyed everything as the shared gift that it was.

Dancing @ The Mushroom Circle - by ArcaneTinFoil Rune

If you like what I'm wearing it's:

And this is where The Faery Crossing Mushroom Circle actually is, in case you would like to experience it for yourself. The Moonday Dance usually takes place on Mondays.



Coincidentally, today is also brought to you by Seraphim's 2026 Tricks and Treats List!



^🖤^



No comments:

Post a Comment